Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New Era Touring

Wow.....I have not blogged in a Coons Age (which is 8 years btw so I'm exaggerating.  I just like the word 'Coon')....so I have not blogged in a Coons Age and as sleepy as I am I HAD to blog tonight.  Just like I do in the beginning of all tours....and pray I don't fall off.

Day #1 of D'Angelo's "The Second Coming" European Tour.

Fresh from producing the party of the season....the Roots Jam Series in Los Angeles - 4 nights of live music featuring everyone from Miguel and YG to Marsha Ambrosious, T.I. and Kool and the Gang! Definitely the highlight of my career.

Then simultaneously fresh from co-producing the charity event of the season, Will.I.Am's I.Am.Angel Foundation Gala....

I had the NERVE to stop off in Harlem because D had the nerve to have a show there before we went on this tour.... and then....didn't sleep on the plane over.  I had the nerve to watch all of House of Lies, This is Where I Leave You and No Good Deed.

You would think I'd take my ass to bed on an arrival day in a foreign country right?  Since I'm tour managing, handling wardrobe, passing out tour books, handing out credentials and sweet talking folks with soon to be expired passports into countries who have rules against such....I SHOULD be going to bed.... right?

Wrong....flying over the Alps .... and they was calling me.... like the bottom of a 99 cent store box of Baking Soda to a feening crackhead in recovery.  I had to go.  So I grabbed the only people crazy as me and we hightailed it to Flumserberg for an hour of rip roaring, ass busting, head thumping, ice down my drawers having fun.

And then we did a show on D's birthday.  This show is long and great and NEW.  So that means it can ONLY GET BETTER...and it's wearing me out now.  Can't give you anything.  You just gotta come and see.  GOT TO.  I can't wait for Paris/London....this shit will be FIRE.

Now I shall retire and try to block out the sounds of CONSTRUCTION WORKERS at 2:33am outside my window....and my next door neighbor apparently throwing it DOWN like bang bus.  Damn, remember Bang Bus? I'm old.  SMDH.

You still have time Europe!!

11-Feb ZURICH KAUFLEUTEN
12-Feb NEU-ISENGBERG HUGENOTTENHALL
13-Feb TRAVEL TO BERLIN 
14-Feb BERLIN COLUMBIAHALLE
15-Feb TRAVEL TO PARIS 
16-Feb PARIS PALAIS DES CONGRES
17-Feb BIRMINGHAM ACADEMY
18-Feb MANCHESTER APOLLO
19-Feb TRAVEL TO LONDON
20-Feb LONDON APOLLO
21-Feb LONDON APOLLO
22-Feb DAY OFF LONDON
23-Feb TRAVEL TO HAMBURG
24-Feb HAMBURG DOCKS
25-Feb COPENHAGEN FALKONER
26-Feb TRAVEL TO OSLO
27-Feb OSLO SENTRUM SCENE
28-Feb STOCKHOLM ANNEX
1-Mar TRAVEL TO AMSTERDAM
2-Mar AMSTERDAM PARADISO
3-Mar AMSTERDAM PARADISO
4-Mar UTRECHT GROTE ZAAL
5-Mar TRAVEL TO COLOGNE
6-Mar COLOGNE TANZBRUNNEN
7-Mar BRUSSELS FOREST NATIONAL
8-Mar FLY HOME



end of work day




No comments:

Post a Comment